corporate & foundation relations
Corporate & Foundation Relations (CFR) encourages faculty and staff to seek external funding by providing information about private funding sources and by offering proposal development support. This includes:
• Matching projects to funding opportunities
• Proposal planning and articulation
• Proposal reviews
• Proposal submission
The Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP)
CFR works closely with ORSP in the submission of private funding proposals. CFR staff serve on the ORSP Proposal Development Team, which reviews all proposal interests, both public and private, that have been submitted by faculty through the Notice of Intent (NOI) process and ensures their successful submission. CFR also works with the ORSP Research Administrator to create your budget appropriate to both the proposal guidelines and institutional requirements.
How CFR can help faculty and staff
• CFR provides monthly listings with upcoming proposal deadlines for private funding. Funding opportunities are sent to those interested. To sign up to receive these listings, please contact Elizabeth Hall at email@example.com.
• CFR responds to NOIs filed on the ORSP website
- CFR staff follow up with faculty members
- Offer assistance such as proposal development and submission
- Provide institutional and financial documentation
- Work alongside the ORSP RA
- CFR, in most cases, submits the grant proposal for the faculty or staff member
• CFR often collaborates with the UTEP Library to provide university-wide trainings in Foundation Center, SciVal, and PIVOT search engines that help faculty and staff find public and private funding.
• CFR Development Researchers hold individual Foundation Center classes for faculty, staff, and graduate assistants when requested
• CFR collaborates with the ORSP Proposal Development Team to actively engage interested
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Hall at (915) 747-8327 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.